Monday, November 23, 2009

Vacuuming

I am having a baby next week, Thanksgiving is on Thursday, my family will be here Wednesday...I have a million things I need to be doing today and blogging is definitely not one of them. However, I had to hurry and get this down.

I usually always have at least one "somebody" following me around all day. Either a dog, or a little boy or both. Most of the time it's both. Like my own personal parade. The only time I don't have anybody following me is when I'm vacuuming the house, and it cracks me up!

The dog is terrified of the vacuum cleaner. Always has been, and despite my husband's best efforts, probably always will be. He runs in the opposite direction as soon as he sees me heading for the hall closet to get the vacuum out. And Brychan used to LOVE helping me vacuum and he did a good job of it, until he noticed the dog running around like crazy trying to figure out the best place to hide from the vacuum cleaner. Now, I start the vacuum cleaner, the dog takes off running and Brychan takes off running after the dog. They find a hiding spot together and hunker down until I get too close with the vacuum. Then the dog takes off, the boy follows after and they hunker down together again. Repeat this process 5 or 6 times as I go throughout the house.

Today as I got done vacuuming, I just left the vacuum sitting in middle of the room, still plugged in, while I went to check on something. Not 5 seconds later, Brychan comes sneaking out of their hiding place to turn the vacuum cleaner back on all by himself so he can start his "game" all over again.

Too funny! I so badly wanted a picture of them hiding together, but Dave took the camera to work with him today so he could take photos of a client's home this afternoon (that's right. You heard me. He got a listing this weekend. Yay!!). The one day I don't have a camera...

1 comment:

Jocie said...

Yey for the listing!!

That is too funny---you will have to get a picture next time =)