Friday, November 13, 2009

Sick Bugs

My little bug has been sick for most of the week. Nothing major...just a little runny/stuffy nose and a minor cough and no energy, but this is how we've spent the majority of our week. Especially once I got the same sick bug! Luckily we are both starting to feel much better (although Brychan's bug is hanging on a little longer than mine).

Unrelated story: While waiting for Brychan's glasses to get here, we have been working on strengthening his right eye. We do this by covering the left one (which he HATES) and leaving the right one uncovered so he's forced to use it. The only way we've found to keep him happy about this exercise is to have one person cover the eye while another person blows bubbles. If we do this, he'll hang out with one eye for 30 minutes or so. And he knows if he wants to blow bubbles, he has to have his eye covered, which he is starting to do willingly all by himself. The other day I noticed his right eye was totally crossed while he was watching television, so I tried setting him in my lap while I covered his left eye. He adamently shook his head and said "bubbles mommy!". So much for sneaking anything past him! Evidently he's going to make Mommy follow the same rules I make him follow!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

sounds like my kids....habit, habit, habit. If you do something a certain way, it has to stay that way!! Nothing gets by them...they are wayyy smarter than we think:)