Friday, November 13, 2009

Change in Perspective

While I was attending Ricks College, I had a professor in one of my child development classes who read the book Love You Forever as part of her lesson one day. I was already familiar with the book and loved it, and while I thought it was sweet when she got so choked up reading it that she asked one of the students to finish reading it for her, I didn't understand where the tears were coming from.
I literally have hundreds of children's books that I have been collecting since my early college years. Lately, I've been trying to sort through them and thin the collection out a little bit (I have yet to make much progress in getting rid of any). This afternoon, I came across Love You Forever, pulled it out and read through it. Not three pages in and I was already in tears! Granted, I am very pregnant and my emotions are a tad out of whack. However, I still think it's amazing what a few years and some new life experiences will do to change your perspective on life and understanding others. I'm sure in 10 to 15 more years I will be able to re-read this book again and have a fresh new perspective from that point of view too. Isn't it nice that you continue to learn and grow and gain more understanding and appreciation as life goes on?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a sweet post- you cute little mommy!