Monday, March 21, 2011

New Skill

I have a friend who is AMAZING when it comes to saving money at the grocery store. She doesn't really like people to know that she has this hidden talent, but if she hears that somebody wants to learn, she is more than willing to teach. Luckily enough for me, a mutual friend told her I'd love to learn, so she's been spending the last week or so teaching me.

Last week was my first go at "couponing" at the grocery store. My first trip? I purchased $85.00 worth of groceries for $20!!! I was SO excited. I didn't think I could really do that well, but yay me! After figuring out some more tricks while shopping, I went back the very next day and got $35.oo worth of product for FREE. I can't even explain how excited I was, walking out of Frys with 2 overflowing bags knowing that I hadn't paid anything for them.

This is a photo of some of the items I got for free last week...there's still like 9 more things of handsoap not in there a well as some shampoo, conditioner and pasta. The Yakisoba isn't something we normally eat - but for free, I'm willing to try it! If nothing else, it will last forever in food storage!

It is a little time consuming doing all that planning, but to save over $100 in just one week? Totally worth it for me!

Totally Unrelated Side Story:

Saturday during all our cleaning, Brychan and Kehlton were helping David pick up rotten fruit that had fallen from our trees. Brychan was SO excited to find this orange with a perfect little heart on it!



2 comments:

Angela said...

do tell how!

Scott and Jillian said...

That's awesome! Oh, and I love the little heart. Awww!