Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday Fun

After a morning of nothing but cleaning, yard work, cleaning and more yard work, the entire family took a nap and then headed out for some fun.

First stop was the air show at Luke AFB. We were waiting to see the Thunderbirds, but they were 20+ minutes late, and as you can tell by the last photo, some of us were running out of patience. We still had fun watching the few planes we did get to see and just running around in the back of Daddy's truck.



After the air show, we went to Cabela's to stock up on items for our 72 hour kits that I am finally re-doing. Cabella's is always a huge hit with everybody in our family. On our way out, Brychan had a melt down; evidently he wasn't ready to stop looking at the animals. The woman at the register even tried distracting him without any luck.
After driving down the interstate for a few minutes, Brychan finally calmed himself down. Out of nowhere I heard him say "Mommy, I'm sorry for screaming at you". (Can I just say how much I love it when he does that?!? He's done it just a few times before - noticing on his own that he's done something he shouldn't and then coming to whomever it was he was fighting with to fix the problem.) We talked about it for a minute, I told him what a good little boy he was and that I was so proud of him and then the conversation was over.
Just a few minutes after that, Brychan asked if we were going to see any police officers, to which we replied that we really didn't know. He was very adament that he wanted to see a police officer. I finally asked him why, and his response was: "I want to tell the police officer that I am being good". MELT MY HEART. Sometime last week we drove by an officer parked on the side of the road waiting for speeders. Brychan noticed him and asked what he was doing there. All I said was "The police officer is just sitting there making sure everybody is being good". That was enough to sastify Brychan, and the conversation ended. I am amazed that Brychan not only remembered that's what I said the police officer was doing and then made the connection that he wanted that officer to know that he was being good. Love him, love him, love him!!!


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Like! :)You must be doing something right!

Scott and Jillian said...

Awww...that is so sweet! (the cute comments, of course, not the crying at Cabela's. Lol!)