Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Misery

This weekend was pretty rough. Ashley was with the boys Friday morning while I was visiting with some friends when I got a text saying that Kehlton had just thrown up. I came home to find that he had a fever. I thought it was just a combination of shots and two serious teeth trying to push through, until Brychan came down with that same fever Saturday afternoon.

Luckily, there was no more puking. Maybe that was just because both boys stopped eating for the entire weekend. I could hardly get them to drink anything. Brychan's fever would hit just over 102, I'd hide some Tylenol in his juice and he'd be good until about noon the next day. You know that kid is sick when he's just following me around and falling asleep wherever I happen to stop.

Kehlton's fever consistently hung out at 103. We were alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol for two days straight. I started getting a little nervous Saturday night when it just topped over 103, I couldn't get it to go down and he refused to drink anything. The poor kid was just absolutely miserable. But, as miserable as he was, he HAD to have his shoes on. At one point he went and gathered all 4 pair of his little shoes and wanted me to snuggle him with all of his shoes. I don't know what the deal was, but this is how he looked all weekend. Sad face, rosy cheeks and shoes.Thankfully, everybody is finally all better and back to normal. Which is good because I'm on spring break this week and I wanted to spend it doing fun things with my boys! Being cooped up in the house all day with sickies is not fun!

1 comment:

Jocie said...

That is so sad, but seriously an adorable pic of Kehlton!