Monday, March 14, 2011

Homesick

My little(est) brother is coming home from his mission on Thursday. It's making me very homesick. For those of you who are not members of the LDS faith, all young men are asked to serve a mission for two years (leaving when they are 19), on their own dime. They leave everything behind, put careers and school on hold, and devote everything they have to serving their Heavenly Father.

Nathan has been serving in the Billings Montana mission for the last 2 years. This photo was taken of him and Brychan the morning we dropped him off at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, UT.

Because my parents live in Texas, that is where Nathan will go "home" to. I am absolutely heart broken that I cannot be there to see him when he steps off the plane.

Nathan's 20th birthday
Luckily, we have a family vacation planned for the end of August. I cannot wait!! Not only have I not seen Nathan for 2 years, but I also haven't seen Brock, Missy and their kids for almost 3 years. Brock and Missy haven't even met Kehlton yet, and by the time August gets here they will have a new baby for us to meet. I am lucky enough that I get to see my sister at least once a week. We usually see my parents every 6 months or so. But I HATE living SO far away from my brothers. I miss them horribly. And I'll be glad when I can talk to Nathan on Thursday. Hopefully then I can quit crying everytime I think about him.

Welcome Home, Nathan! We love you and are so proud of you!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Welcome home to Nathan. You can definately tell he is Brock's little brother.