Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Weekend

This weekend was a super busy one! Nothing really exciting or fun to brag about, but I did get quite a bit accomplished. First off, I painted the living room. I still have part of one wall to finish, but that requires moving the piano, and I'm not quite buff enough to move that on my own just yet. I LOVE the way the living room looks now (well, the paint anyway. It still has a lot of decorating left to go) and I can't wait to start tackling the rest of the house. We enjoyed conference. Really enjoyed conference. Even though they no longer show it on tv here and we have to cram around the computer in the office - it was enjoyable. The homemade cinnamon rolls we had didn't hurt. Kehlton enjoyed it too! Anything with Lala is more fun!! During conference, I finally got the 72 hour kits put together. This is a project that I have been wanting to do for years. It's finally done. Well, 95% done. There are still a few things to put in each pack, but they are at least done enough that we could survive. Everything is in little baggies, clearly labeled to make finding things easier. And 3 of the finished products! David's pack isn't shown because he was still stuffing his. We also did a partial one for Ashley. I can't believe how much work it was getting those done!! But, I definitely feel much more prepared should we have to leave in a hurry.

This weekend we also found a new home for Max...life is just too chaotic and too busy for 2 little boys and a new puppy. He wasn't getting anywhere near the attention he needed here. I can't believe how quickly the house went back to normal and calmed down after he left! He is definitely missed, but I'm happy with the home he ended up in, so all is well.


Next week we start an entire month of fun things that will be much more exciting to blog about than paint and emergency kits. A surprise date night with David (I'm SO excited about our plans and he has no idea what's going on!!), a trip down to Sierra Vista, a trip up to the AZ/Utah border, a visit from my parents and my brother, quickly followed by the end of the school year and then Girls Camp. Lots of fun photos and details to come!

No comments: