Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kadydid Designs

When Kehlton was born, my sister-in-law (Michelle) made me a baby seat cover very similar to this one. I LOVE it. I don't have to carry a blanket around, I don't have to worry about the wind, rain, heat or extreme sun hitting my son and it keeps nosey, germy people away from Kehlton's face.

Apparently, everybody else loves it too. Every time I go out, somebody (if not several people) ask me where I got my cover. And every time, I wished I could say "well, I made it and would love to make one for you too!" With Michelle's permission, David and I made a few slight changes to it and my sister and I are now making them to sell, along with burp cloths (some that coordinate with the seat covers, some that don't). I also plan on making bibs just as soon as I figure out the perfect pattern (I know I want the bibs to tie in the back. Just have to figure out the best way to do it).


Needless to say, I have been very busy sewing the last couple of days. I've made 2 1/2 seat covers, a couple patterns from scratch, and probably 25 burp cloths (and I have to admit I'm loving making girly stuff!). We are in the process of getting an Etsy shop set up and will have them in a craft fair coming up (thanks Mom!) in another week.
So...if you have a baby or know of somebody having a baby, here you go! The burp cloths are flannel and terry cloth OR cotton. batting and terry cloth. The seat covers are cotton with flannel backing (a perfect cover, summer blanket or nursing cover...I've used mine for all three) and have light weights in the front corners to keep it from blowing up and away from your baby should a breeze pick up.
And there's my little sales pitch. We'd love to make a baby seat cover just for you!!

No comments: