Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bad Dad vs. Good Dad

This weekend, we went on a quick little camping trip (I'll post more about that later). Last night, David, Ashley and I were sitting at our picnic table playing Mexican Train when a little boy (I'm guessing 7 or 8) stuck his head out of his family's RV door vomiting uncontrollably. After several minutes of this, my sister and I started wondering where his parents were, when suddenly we heard his dad say from inside the RV "Go tell your mom you're puking". Dad then proceeded to literally push his son out the front door and shut it behind him. The little boy just laid right down in his own pool of puke, too tired and/or sick to do anything. Again wondering where his mom was, I started getting up to go help him when his mom came running over from their grandparent's RV next door. She was wondering how she was going to clean the mess up, and my husband not only took her a large bag of water, but he also cleaned up the mess for her!!! Can I just say how much I seriously love my husband?!? That poor little boy's father was totally unwilling to care for his own son and clean up a very nasty mess (we also heard him calling his children dumb and telling them to shut up all day...I was already NOT a fan of this dad) and my husband took care of it. Not his son, not his problem, but he did it anyway.

I've been ranting and raving about this for the last 24 hours...I am just so in love with the fact that my husband would be willing to do that. And it's nice to know that when it comes to cleaning up our own children's ickyness, I don't have to worry about doing it on my own! :) Honey - I've told you a million times - you are THE BEST!!!

3 comments:

Jocie and Mark said...

Not one bit surprised---he is a great dad!

SPENCERS said...

That is truly admirable. Not too many people would have done the same. poor kid. Dave, you've got one lucky family!

Wendi said...

I can totally see Dave doing that!! I feel so bad for the kid..If I saw that I would be worrying myself sick about that kid. At least he saw a good dad for a bit!