Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?

Earlier this afternoon, I made chocolate chip cookies for David's scouts. When Brychan woke up from his nap, I let him have a cookie. He quickly asked for another, but I told him no...he had to wait until the big boys came over tonight.

30 minutes later, as I'm sweating through my daily workout (I'm on day 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've lost 6 pounds since my last post a month ago about losing weight - yay me!), I look over and see that Brychan is munching on a cookie. I pause my video to go "help" him leave the cookies alone and find this...

Notice the 3 cookies on the top? The first one is half eaten, the second one is missing one big bite and the third cookie is missing two little bites. All nibbled on and put right back where he found them. By the way, this is not a first time offense. Any time there are cookies or treats on the counter, you can guarantee that one "hungry" little boy will sneak a bite or two. That little stinker!!!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

ha ha ha, what a cutie!!! I love the shred, it's short but effective. Good job!!!

The Other Michelle said...

At least you found them before the whole batch was ruined :)

I love that he put them back on the rack! Smart cookie!

Jenny said...

Hahaha! Reminds me of what we did when my mom baked. What's this about the 30 day shred?? I'm curious.

Mer said...

alyssa, you don't know me, but I'm the adopted stander sister from back in the day, and I hope you don't mind that I check out your blog from time to time - I like to keep up with all the standers - i hate that jeremy and michelle's is invite only:) your boys are adorable and when the standers visit in az, I need them to schedule a little visit to the southeast corner of the valley...

Mary said...

Can you blame him, I mean look at those cookies. They look delicious!!

Natalie said...

Too Cute!!! :)

kkrull said...

So adorable! He is his father's son for sure. And what Meridee isn't telling you is that she and Dave were once married. Well, only for one night-- Michelle and Jason's wedding reception. Dave had been gone from Twin so long that new members to the ward thought Dave was Meridee's husband when they walked through the receiving line. Some were shocked to know that we had an older brother because he had lived overseas for so long.

Jocie said...

You gotta give him some credit for cleverness =) It reminds me of the night before thanksgiving when we got into the shrimp dip late at night, then put a paper towel in the middle covered with what was left of the dip so our mom wouldn't discover it. =)

SPENCERS said...

Dang those cookies look enticing... if you were still my roommate, I think you'd be missing the same little chunks. So clever of him! Way to go on the 6 lbs! I can not wait to fit back into my regular clothes--driving me crazy! Do you like the Jillian shredder workout?