Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm in BIG trouble...

(Sorry...second entry in a row with no photos)

For awhile now, I've heard a few friends reference Bakerella and how much they are inspired by her; wishing they could replicate her gorgeous baking designs. Last week, I finally checked Bakerella out. BIG MISTAKE!!! I am officially obsessed. I really do enjoy baking. I'm not much of a cook, but I can bake. And now, all I want to do is take all of her recipes, make a new one everyday and just see if I can make mine turn out as beautiful as hers. My sons both nap at the same time during the day, making it really, really tempting (not to mention convenient) to try out something new every few days. Not really diet friendly, though. The goal is to take pounds off...not add new ones.

This weekend I did try the cake doughnuts, which were a disaster. Okay. Well maybe not a disaster, but definitely not worth the time and effort to make them. A drive to Krispy Kreme is much faster, easier and enjoyable.

I'm having the internal debate of my life right now...try the dump cake, Texas sheet cake, or be a good little girl and leave it alone? Hmmm. I wonder what my husband would say...

3 comments:

Mary said...

Bake and enjoy yourself!! At least that is what I would do :)

Angela said...

I completely understand. I am obsessed with the cake pops. A friend made them and so I had to try them. We did turkey ones at Thanksgiving, but I thought it would be fun for the kids to decorate so they weren't as cute as had I done them myself.

Jocie said...

Sadly, I'm not even tempted (as much as I wish I was)....it looks like way too much work. Unless the recipe has the words "easy" or "quick" in the title, I don't usually try it =)