Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Big 4-0

So yesterday was David's fortieth birthday. I had originally planned on this being a HUGE celebration...a party with all of his family members and a few friends, but then we moved to Arizona, and he had to settle for just me and the boys. However, it was a perfect day! Krispy Kreme for breakfast, opening gifts and lazing around all day watching movies and just hanging out. Brychan was SO excited all morning about Daddy's birthday, even though he has NO clue what birthdays are...he just thought it was fun that I was trying to get him to yell "Happy Birthday!!!!"

For our night out, Ashley came to stay with the boys, and Dave opted for us to see Avatar in 3D. Not my first choice, but also not my birthday! Since we didn't have enough time to go out to eat, we enjoyed our Chipotle burritos while watching the movie. I really did end up enjoying the movie and would recommend you see it (but it must be done in 3D).

Tomorrow night will be Dave's birthday dinner of choice and birthday cake (homemade Wingers chicken and Boston Cream Pie).

I love you, honey, and hope that 40 brings you everything you're hoping (and working) for! Thank you for being the most amazing husband and father!!

No comments: