Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Happenings

The last month has been absolutely insane around here. Hence the lack of blogging. But here's a quick re-cap of events:

May 8(ish) - May 18: My parents and brother came for a visit. It was the first time we'd seen Nathan since he got home from his mission, so that was lots of fun. And the boys had a blast spending so much time with Grandma and Grandpa. Well, Brychan had lots of fun. Kehlton waited until the last 3 or 4 days of their trip to decide to be social. We went to the zoo, the library, and had several trips to the park.

May 13: Mark, Jocie and Hallie move to Phoenix!! Dave and I went to help unload their truck, and unfortunately, I haven't seen any of them since! They have come over a couple of times since they've been here, but I was gone. Hopefully we can get together and play soon, because I've heard that the kids already love each other!

May 21 - May 25: I left my boys behind while I went up to Camp LoMia for Girls Camp with our ward. IT. WAS. COLD!! But, it was also a lot of fun. We had over 30 girls from our ward at camp this year (ours is by far the biggest ward in the stake). I love going to Girls Camp and am looking forward to next year. While Mommy was gone, Daddy and the boys worked on lots of projects, made several trips to the park, played with cousin Hallie and even made a few visits to the office.

May 21 - right now: More sick bugs at our house. The day before I left for camp, Kehlton spiked a fever. The morning I left, he was covered head to toe in hives. When I got home, both boys had nasty noses and coughs, and within 2 days of being home, I had the crud as well. We are all much better now with just minor coughs lingering.

May 31: Back to work for me! I had originally planned on not working at all this summer, but when the opportunity arose for me to just work the field trips for summer camp, we decided it would be worth it. So for 2 months, I am working 6am - Noon, 3 days a week. The boys have an amazing babysitter that comes to the house to play for 3 hours or so. So basically, I'm getting paid to accompany a bunch of elementary school kids to the movies every Friday, and other fun places around the valley (on Tuesdays and Thursdays) while my boys get to play with Lexy (Brychan cries every time we take her home).

June 5: Kehlton's first official day of nursery! He's been going for the last month because we knew it would be a hard transition for him. I was hoping that having big brother in there with him would help ease the transition, but Brychan is so busy with his little girlfriend, Bella, that he can't be bothered to play with his little brother. :) Hopefully, Kehlton will soon decide that nursery really is an okay place to be!

I do have some photos from all these events that I hope to get posted soon. Just wanted to let all of you know we are alive and doing well!!

1 comment:

Jocie said...

Once we get over our sicky germs, we will have to get together!