Friday, June 3, 2011

1st Sunday in Nursery

When did he get so big?!? Well, maybe "big" isn't the right word (because he is still quite small). Grown up? I can't believe Kehlton is old enough for nursery already. If somebody could figure out a way to make time slow down, I'd greatly appreciate it!
As I mentioned earlier, we started Kehlton's transition into nursery an entire month early. If you know my son at all, he does NOT like to be left with other people. He doesn't really even care for meeting other people. I've been taking him to YW with me for months now just trying to get him to warm up to the girls. He is just perfectly happy hanging out with his family. He truly doesn't need to be bothered with anybody else. Pretty much the polar opposite of his big brother.
So this was his first Sunday in Nursery last month.
He looks like a willing participant,
And he looks like he's happy to be there,
But don't let these photos fool you! These were taken the first 5 minutes of his very first visit...before he realized that Mom and Dad don't just stand there next to you and watch you have fun. 5 minutes before the blood curdling screaming began. I really wish I would have gotten a photo of his true feelings for nursery, but my hands were too full of my baby climbing desperately up the front of me, clinging on for dear life.
He is making progress, though. Just this week he decided that he is completely in love with our babysitter (the same one we've been using for months). So maybe this will be the Sunday that he decides he loves nursery, too.

1 comment:

Jocie said...

Poor kid. I think before we moved (one of the times) Hallie would have been totally fine. With all of the changes, now I'm not so sure. We'll see how it goes (I haven't wanted to start her until we start going to the new ward).