Wednesday, June 22, 2011

An Excuse to Play with Lexy

I've mentioned before how much my children adore our babysitter, Lexy. They love and cherish her. Cannot get enough of her. Getting home from church on Sundays now takes an extra 30 minutes because we must tell Lexy good-bye, that we love her, that we miss her, ask when she's coming to play again, give her a hug and repeat a dozen or more times. If given the choice between Mom and Lexy, Lexy wins each time. Even with Kehlton!! In all seriousness though, I love her too, and I am SO glad my children love her SO much. Makes life a little easier for me.

For the last week or so, Lexy hasn't been able to come over, so everybody involved has been going through some withdrawals. We decided to grab Lexy and head for the Foothills Aquatic Center a few miles from our house.

WE. LOVED. IT!!!

This is just one third of the center. This is part of the baby pool. The water slide? Brychan wanted to go down it SO bad, but was very worried about all the water rushing down with him. He was so brave and finally went down the slide, all on his own. Once on his back and once on his belly. I was so proud of him!!
The boys and Lexy (sorry, Lexy. I know you'll hate the photo, but life in our family must be documented! :) ).
Brychan dipping his toes,and jumping in.
Needless to say, we are pretty darn excited about going back to the pool with Daddy in tow. We really had a lot of fun, and I can't think of a better way to beat the 113 degree heat!

No comments: