Thursday, June 16, 2011

One of the MANY Reasons...

I LOVE my son.
After a horrible afternoon, I sat in the office, crying uncontrollably. I had just reached my limit and crying was obviously the only reasonable thing left to do (the fact that I have been up since 4:00am going non-stop has NOT helped).

My sweet Brychan, who had just woken up from his nap
(and who I had just snapped at not even 2 minutes earlier),
came and put his little hand on my arm and asked,
"Mommy, what's wrong?"
when I didn't answer, he asked again.
And again.
I was finally able to squawk out that I was sad.
His obvious response was,
"Mommy, why are you so sad?"
"Because I'm not a very good mommy today"
He gave me a huge hug and said,
"Everything will be okay, Mommy. You stay right here."
He left me alone and quickly returned with toilet paper
for me to blow my nose and wipe my eyes.
Granted, it was only about 2 squares of toilet paper,
but it was the thought that mattered.
He again reassured me that it would be okay,
gave me another quick hug,
and went on his way.

What on Earth would I do without that thoughtful, sweet, little boy?!?

2 comments:

Jocie said...

That is so cute! Love that kid =)

The Other Michelle said...

So sweet! Little things like that make a HUGE difference!