Friday, October 15, 2010

'Tis the Season

I love Halloween. My husband thinks I love it a little too much (although he is a good sport and participates in every way I ask him too!). Luckily for me, my son loves it just as much as I do!!!

He has loved the gel window decorations
And shared them with his friend, Kate.
Today, we made these adorable little cookies. To be perfectly honest, I like the dough much better than I like the cookie - but they're cute and the kids adore them, so now I have a kitchen counter covered in little kitties! (I also think these could be cute for a Bobcat activity when the time comes...)

Brychan thinks they are delicious!!



Sunday...we're making a spider cake. We still have popcorn balls and pumpkin carving to do, as well as costumes to finish up. We have our awesome ward Halloween party to look forward to as well. And hopefully, we can squeeze in a trip to a pumpkin patch.
David and I are "celebrating" all weekend with scary movies every night. I put celebrating in quotation marks because as much as I love Halloween, I detest scary movies. H-A-T-E them. I allow David to watch as many as he wants during October only. And, because I love him that much, I also agree to watch them with him (even though "watching" typically includes my hands over my eyes or my face in a blanket).
I just wish it felt more like Halloween and less like the 4 of July! :)


1 comment:

SPENCERS said...

I love your enthusiasm for the holiday, as well as your willingness to "watch" the scary movies (those horrid, horrible things!)