Sunday, August 29, 2010

Privacy

A few of you have asked what prompted us to make our blog private. It's kind of hard to explain, but by watching my Feedjit feed, I could see that we had visitors coming on a regular basis from Russia and Africa.

Normally, I wouldn't really mind too much, but at one point, my Russian visitor was visiting all of the links to friends and family I had posted and then randomly taking key words or names from those sites and combining them to link back to our blog. Does that make sense? Probably not. But, I didn't feel comfortable with whatever it was that they were trying to do. So, between that, the fact that my boys are frequently shown sans clothes and David's security/safety precaution train of thought, we decided it would be best if we went private. I would hate it if something happened to my children or one of our friends/family due to our blog accessibility.

And now you know!!

4 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

thanks for posting that. just curious. especially since i just started a public blog, i'm always having second thoughts about it!

the5firds said...

I have been wanting to do the same, but just am slow - you know how often I actually post.

Christina said...

how do you get the feedjit feed? I would like to track things on my blog since many of my friends won't check it if it goes private.

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Christina - I've had the same problem since going private and I feel bad about it, but don't know what to do about it. Anyway, if you look at the very bottom of my feedjit feed, there's a link to get your own. It's quick and easy!