Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cute Mover and Not So Cute Ranting

I'll post the cute stuff first so those that wish to skip on more of my ranting can do so easily!

Baby K is getting very serious about the crawling. You can tell he wants nothing more than to chase big brother all over the place. He has moved (once) a few paces forward by crawling, but most of the time he still just moves backwards. Although, he is getting better at leap frogging forward...not sure how he manages that, but it's pretty dang cute.

No matter where I put him on the floor, he always manages to get eaten by the couch.

But, he'll keep trying as long as somebody is there to cheer him on!
*Side note: I know it's a rarity to see photos of my children actually clothed. Now that summer is here, and it's already 110 outside, you can guarantee that unless we're somewhere public, chances are VERY good that the boys will be in nothing but diapers. If I had my druthers, I'd be wearing not much more than that as well.
Now for my ranting. I am on week 4 of working out 5 days a week. I meet up with a couple of girls from my ward and we spend an hour each morning running, biking, lifting weights...whatever. We work hard, for an hour at 6:30 in the morning. Many mornings, 6:30 is hard enough with two boys who don't sleep. But...I love meeting up with these women and I am super motivated to lose this extra Brychan weight. According to the counters on the elliptical/treadmill and/or bike, I am burning 300+ calories each morning. I am still trying to cut back on the junk food and consume more of the fruits and veggies (I know you've all heard this before), and down as much water as possible. Yesterday, I stepped on the scale to find that I am just gaining weight!! I wouldn't mind so much if I were losing inches, but I'm not. The pants are just as tight now as they were when I started. UGH!!! I know it's only been 4 weeks, and I wasn't expecting much, but is a pound or two really too much to ask? I'm still working out, but am losing the motivation to stay away from the yummy Lehi Roller Mills brownies currently sitting on my counter.
I'm not giving up yet. This morning I took an iPod with me, which helped a bit. In another week or so I'll get new shoes and that will keep me going for a bit longer. Hopefully by then, I will start seeing some results. I'm contemplating an indoor triathlon in the fall (one day I'm positively gung-ho about it; the next totally terrified and unsure), so that and the idea of losing all this weight before even thinking about baby #3 is what I'm keeping my eyes on (although I had that same goal right before I found out I was preggo with Kehlton, so we know how well that works). Why does it have to be so hard? All David has to do is go on a bike ride a couple times a week and he loses 5+ pounds effortlessly. Not really sure how fair that is...but for now, I will keep going with my fingers crossed that something gives soon!

2 comments:

Jocie said...

It's so not fair that guys can do it so easily---Mark just have to give up soda and he drops 10 pounds! Don't worry about a little weight gain in the beginning---it is most likely muscle. The inches will start coming off soon (not that I know that from any working out I have done recently, but I remember it from a while ago when I was working out a ton =))

The Other Michelle said...

That's hilarious that K gets his legs stuck under the sofa! Too cute!