Friday, March 5, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRYCHAN!!!
I cannot believe my son is two already. How did that happen?
We had a super fun, super packed day to celebrate with Bug. We started off with his annual well baby check, and he's doing great. He's 34lbs and 35 1/2" tall (which predicts that he will be 6'1" as an adult). The PA did, however, tell me that my son is obese. Really? Obese? I mean, I know he's a solid tank, but there is not one roll of any extra anything on the kid. Plus, he NEVER eats!! I sometimes think they forget to look at the whole child when checking them. Brychan has always been in the 95th percentile for everything. Why should it be such a shocker now? We do have to take him to get blood drawn to check his cholesterol levels (since he's "obese"...) and to see if he's anemic (a legitimate concern since he won't eat anything). But that will wait a week or so.
Back to the birthday!!!

This photo was taken a few days prior to his birthday, after he had been eyeing a particular package sitting on the piano with Cars wrapping paper on it. You guessed it! While I was busy feeding Kehlton, Brychan snuck in and ripped the present open. Excited for the kitty birthday cake!
We spent the afternoon at the Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium with LaLa. It was awesome! We went late enough in the afternoon that there was hardly anybody else there. It really felt like we had the whole zoo to ourselves. And, since it's not too hot yet, all the animals were awake and alert.

LaLa and I did not really care for these snakes. They were out in the open, close enough to touch if one so desired. We did not. Bug got a kick out of them, though!
One of the tortoises. This is the one chasing Brychan in the video below.

More zoo photos below!






1 comment:

Jocie said...

Oh my gosh, I thought turtles were supposed to be slow---that is too funny! Looks like a fun day! Happy Birthday Brychan, we love you!