Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!

I never in a million years would have thought I'd be sick of the rain. Especially in Arizona. We rarely get rain, and when we do, it's maybe on and off for a day or two. However, this week it has been non-stop. And, I have to admit, I'm one of those people who get very frustrated with those who don't know how to drive in the rain. I grew up in South Dakota and learned how to drive in a blizzard thank you very much! But last night was the scariest driving experience I have ever had in any snow/ice storm - and it was just rain!

Today it finally let up enough for us to get out and take a look around. Kehlton is obviously having the time of his life, and Brychan is mad that I stopped pushing him in order to take some photos.



This is directly across the street from us. Not the clear, blue skies we're accustomed to.I expected to see a lot more flooding in the streets this morning (we could have been boating down our streets last night without any problems). However, the only flooding I really saw was from people trying to empty their flooded swimming pools out into the street and away from their already drenched yards. By the way...Arizona streets have NO drainage systems, so you can imagine the mess we end up with.

This is the greenway at Rio Vista park (for those of you who were here for Kehlton's blessing, it is directly behind the park we went to), less than a mile from our house. It is typically bone dry. In fact, we were just playing down there last week getting ready for a scouting activity.


I was amazed at the roar of these "falls". It was so loud!! I cannot believe how much water is just gushing over. Not a sight we typically see in the desert.


More water...

We are supposed to get more rain tonight and tomorrow, and then hopefully be done. We are ready to play outside!!!




1 comment:

Marie said...

It looks like you guys are doing well. You little guys are so cute.