Friday, January 15, 2010

Heaven Help Me

Today is the day. I knew it would come eventually. Friends have been warning me of it and telling their stories of "survival". The day it hits me that I have two children and I feel almost as if "my" life were over. That endless diapers, whining, crying and sleepless nights are now the norm for, what right now, feels like forever.

The baby is appearantly going through a growth spurt and feels the need to eat every single hour. You can now just call me Bessie.
All the shoes from my closet are now piled on my bed (all 30+ pairs of them) while the blankets are on the floor.
A tiny pair of glasses are missing. I pray they're not broken. Again.
The house is a disaster from all of us being sick all week and my inability to be Super-Mom. The laundry is out of control for the same reason.
Today is the first day I feel that I have really run out of patience with my son. I hate that feeling. It's not even his fault. Well, it's 85% not his fault (see the statements above about my bed and the glasses).
I know I'm complaining and taking my two minutes to vent, but I really DO love being a mom. I love that I can stay at home with my boys and watch them learn and grow every day. I wouldn't trade it for anything...I really wouldn't. I love ALL my boys more than anything in the world.
I think I just need a night out with my husband. No children, no nursing, no messy house, no dog. Just my honey and me. Eating a quiet dinner and discussing something other than icky diapers and constant spit up.
That AND a nap.
Maybe once we're all feeling better and caught up from this super long week...
*Michelle - your Christmas gift for Brychan arrived today. LIFESAVER!! He absolutely loves it and I'm sure I won't see him for the rest of the day as he is as happy as can be playing with it in his room. You know my son all too well! Thank you!!

No comments: