Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Goals

Okay. So David and I have some weight to lose. He has pregnancy weight from Kehlton he's trying to get off and I am now working on getting the weight off from my pregnancy with Brychan (Kehlton's weight is already gone, although his inches are still here!). We need as many people as possible to hold us accountable just to help us along. Besides, a goal that is written down is a goal that is more likely to be met, right?

I'm not going to be specific in the amounts we have to lose (it's more than enough!), but we would much rather look like we did in the following photos than we do right now. :)

We came across this tiny little chapel somewhere in northern Arizona. Very cute and quaint!
At the Grand Canyon - where it happened to be freezing that day!

Goblin Valley in Southern Utah. In the middle of a massive sand storm.

So here's our plan starting on Monday. (We originally planned on starting this past Monday, but we've both been too sick this week to care about anything)
  • Working out in some way, shape or form 5 days a week. I'm not gonna lie...some days may just mean taking the boys for a walk, but at least it's something!
  • Dessert one day a week, on the weekends, only. We both have massive sweet tooths.
  • Less meat; more fresh fruit and veggies. Those of you who know my husband will understand why he will be getting his from V-8 (for those of you who don't know my husband, he like his veggies about as much as any 8 year old boy), and that's fine. I've already cut out 99% of red meat from my diet; I'd like to learn how to like fish though!

Seems simple enough, huh? Hopefully it works. David wanted to make it a race, but I am at a severe disadvantage: Not only am I a girl, but I'm also nursing. So I can't drastically cut calories or take the latest weight loss supplement. Plus, I have more to lose than he does. So, slow and steady wins the "race" and we will both be much happier in the end. We are counting on all of your to keep us on our toes. And feel free to join us and let us know how you're doing!!

2 comments:

The Other Michelle said...

I'd make it a race. You are nursing and burning extra calories over him. That's a sweet advantage;) If you figure out a way to work out together and cut out the sweets, SHARE your methods. Our house is a constant struggle. Best wishes!!!

Mary said...

I am with you Alyssa! I started getting up and exercising about two weeks ago and I already feel much better. I too have baby weight to lose from my last baby, but she is six. Sad I know. I lost it once but it quickly came back. This time it is going to come off and stay off, I hope.