Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kitty Love

I apologize that there are two videos, but they were just so cute I couldn't decide on which one to post. Brychan has a very intense love for kittys. I don't know why or where it came from. He's only ever pet two kittens - both of which happened this month. The first time: he and I went for a morning walk. I had heard a cat meowing, but didn't see it. Next thing I DO see is my son frantically trying to jump out of his stroller signing "cat". I caught him and he pointed to the cat, which I picked up and let him pet. He was SO sad when we left that cat that David and I decided to take him to PetSmart that weekend for their adoption weekend so Brychan could see some more cats. Since then, he has learned to say "kitty" (if you listen hard you can hear him say it in the video) and he meows like it's the saddest, most pathetic cat you've ever heard. Way too cute! I am NOT a cat person (which is why I have a dog) and I am very allergic to them. Well, at least I used to be. Don't know how severe it is now. Anyway, my son's intense love for them is making me think twice about never owning one. THAT IS NOT AN INVITATION FOR OVERLY ANXIOUS AND SYMPATHETIC GRANDPARENTS OR AUNTIES TO BUY MY SON A KITTEN!!!! We will be sticking to the stuffed variety for now.

A little side note on the videos: while waiting rather impatiently at the doctor's office yesterday, David pulled some kitty videos up on YouTube for Brychan to watch on David's Blackberry. Brychan now seems to think that the Blackberry is his own personal "kitty box". He brought it to David this afternoon asking for kittens. Geesh! How did our parents survive without all this wonderful technology?!? :)

2 comments:

Jocie said...

I love how he cuddles up to the screen. Maybe he will eventually forget about the real thing and just be happy with seeing them on the computer =)

The Other Michelle said...

I love how he hugs and kisses on the computer screen. Too much fun!