Thursday, September 10, 2009

I LOVE being a Mommy!!

The last couple of days, I just keep thinking to myself how much fun Brychan is and how much I love being a mom. Sure, there are days when I feel like I'm losing my sanity and need a break to be myself and an adult, but I wouldn't trade staying at home with Brychan for anything. Here's a few of the newer things that I am LOVING:

- Brychan is trying to hard right now to say "whoops!". He thought it was so funny the first time he heard me say it.
- He loves standing on a step stool to watch me bake cookies (or anything else involving the Kitchen Aid) and will do so for the entire process.
- Anytime I'm wearing pants with drawstrings, he uses those to guide me all over the house. He looks like a stagecoach driver pulling on the reigns with his hands behind his back.
- He loves helping me unload the dishwaher, and does so one utensil at a time.
- He has found a new love for wearing mixing bowls as hats (thank you Daddy!)
- He loves kissing and hugging my belly. Just a few minutes ago he signed "baby" and leaned over and gave my belly a kiss. LOVE IT!!
- Brychan loves his dad. I don't even think love is a big enough word. Adores, cherishes, idolizes... When David is working at home in his office with the door shut, Brychan will just stand outside the door asking me to please let him go in to Daddy. As soon as that door opens, Brychan is making a bee-line for David yelling "Daddy!!!!".
- Brychan's new favorite song is "I'm so Glad when Daddy Comes Home". He knows ALL the actions to it and will sing it over and over and over (we are trying really hard to get this on video. So far, no luck).
- Brychan loves watching So You Think You Can Dance, and tries his hardest to mimick the dancing he sees. The boy loves to groove!
- Bug will come give David, Biggs or I a huge hug and say "ahhhh" every time.
- He loves to pretend being different animals, and he is very specific in how each animal behaves and what they say. For example: a frog jumps all the way up down and says "ribbit". A kangaroo just hops and says "boing". A rabbit hops like a kangaroo but says "jump". If you mix them up and play the wrong way, he'll let you know about it! He knows all his animals and the sounds they make, along with the proper sign to go with them. His favorite is still the elephant.

I could go on and on. I just love him to pieces. He is the sweetest most loving little boy. He does have his moments (I don't know where his new screaming fits came from, but he can take them back! AND he is currently throwing handfuls of shredded paper all over the place), but for the most part he is nothing but fun!

The first tent. I showed Brychan how to build a tent and he played in there for well over an hour.

Brychan loves putting things in that old purse, telling us "bye-bye" and walking off to who knows where. I love that he does this - David not so much!

5 comments:

Becky Jensen said...

he is a very cute boy! Just wait motherhood gets even better when you get to watch your baby be a big brother.

Jocie said...

Dang, I miss that little guy! Please give him a big hug and a kiss from me. (And Dave, it's okay as long as you call it a "European Carry-All instead of a purse)

Marie said...

So, cute. I am glad you are doing well.

Brewer's Ink said...

Ah, the purse is okay, and while you're at it, get him a baby doll. My boys have all loved playing like they are "Daddy's."

Wendi said...

my boys play with Jordan's toys...all part of learning about life! He will probably play house too if he ever makes friends with little girls!