Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bear Lake

This past weekend, we started our crazy summer of many trips by heading up to Bear Lake. I have to admit I wondered a bit about my sanity taking a 4 month old and 3 dogs camping, but it was great! (Minus a few travel woes with Biggs). Brychan did absolutely wonderful and we had a really fun time. Jeremy, Michelle and Jacob joined us for dinner and s'mores our first night...I am totally kicking myself for not getting the camera out. Thanks for coming up, guys!

Our campsite was perfect...nice and secluded, very quiet. Just LOTS of mosquitos. And just as many flies (we later stumbled across some sort of dead carcass, which we're assuming was responsible for the ridiculous number of flies). We kept track of 'squito bites:
Dave: 0
Brychan: 2
Alyssa: Well, I stopped counting once I got to 30, but you get the idea.


David and Brychan got up to enjoy the sunrise Friday morning. I enjoyed the photos.


Brychan got a HUGE kick out of Kodi licking his fingers. I told both of them they'd better enjoy it, cause the only reason I was allowing any licking at all was because we were camping, and after so much dirt...what's a little more? Brychan really seems to be "getting" the fact that we have dogs and that they interact with him. He was pulling Kodi's lips, poking him in the eyes and squealing with delight. Kodi, like a trooper, took it in stride and kept coming back for more.


My boys...


Near our campsite. I saw the light in the trees and loved it. Dave was kind enough to jump out of the truck to snap the photo.


This weekend we're off to Six Lakes, Utah for a week with Dave's family. I'm sure we'll have many more photos to share by the end!

5 comments:

the5firds said...

Looks like you had fun! We are excited to see you Saturday (that is the right day isn't it????). Taylor wants to know if the dogs are coming.

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Sorry, Taylor!! The cabin has a no pets rule, so all the dogs have to stay home. They won't be happy about it either! But we are excited to see you!!

Roxanne said...

Thanks for the comment! You seem to be doing really well. I am serving with Tabitha Baker in the YW's. Small world! She just had her third baby.
-Roxanne

Nilda Noel said...

I love the picture of the sunrise and the one with the light in the trees. I love these types of pictures...they capture the real beauty of nature.

RNS said...

Hi Stander Family....who are you guys? I am in the process of making a family blog when I stumbled upon yours. We're also the Stander family from Utah--Robert and Shannon. Since there aren't too many Standers around, we're probably related? Klint is my dad, from Blackfoot, Idaho. Anyway, I guess I'll have to find another name for my blog :)