Friday, July 25, 2008

4 Month Check up & Baby Weight

Brychan had his 4 month check up this week...we're a little behind, but what can you do?!?

Length: 25.5 (75th percentile)
Weight: 16lbs 2 oz (75th perc)
Head: 42.5 cm (55th perc)

He also had his shots, which he did really good with the first day. However, the second day was NOT fun. His first round of shots was such a breeze that I just assumed this time would be as easy. Not so! Add to that a little cold he has, and he was one miserable little boy. Which made for one miserable little mommy too. Gladly, he is feeling much better now! His newest little trick? His fake cough. I will hear him sputtering and coughing and go to check on him, and he has this HUGE smile on his face; mid-cough. He is such a ham! He is also now rolling over from his back to his belly, and is quickly figuring out he can travel by rolling. He is oh so close to sitting up on his own, but still needs a little bit of help from his Boppy.

I am still on my quest for no post-prego weight. I've lost a whopping 2 pounds. My husband has been kind enough to take Brychan for me each night at 8:00pm so I can have whatever time I need to work out. This week, I've been trying to start running again. Ugh! Starting over from scratch is hard enough, and it just gets harder the older you get. I'm really, really starting to dislike all these skinny minnies I see all over the place that are stick thin with a tiny, brand new baby. How is it that they get to go back to their skinny little bodies, and my once thin body seems to be history? I keep telling myself it will get easier once I stop nursing, but I'm beginning to lose hope. I have a friend from high school who had her third child just over a year ago, and she just finished a triathalon. Debbie - you're awesome, and are totally motivating me to get in gear!! :)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

4 months already, Holy COW! He is so adorable. You have the cutest pictures of him. Ummm...k seriously you are one of those skinny mini mommies you are talking about. Thanks for your kind words about the triathlon. It was a lot of hard work, but sooo fun. I wish we could work out together like the old days.

I saw Brock when we were in Rapid last month. It made me extra homesick for you. I'm sooo glad you have a blog though.

David & Alyssa Stander said...

That's the beauty of photos! I can pick and choose which ones I look the best in, and the rest go un-seen. Trust me...I have a long way to go. When my preschoolers stop asking me when my baby is coming out, THEN I will know I'm getting back to normal. Thanks, though!!

Next time you're up this way, you need to call!! It sounds like we may have just barely missed each other in Rapid - sad!