Sunday, September 9, 2012

Time to Slow Down (I Guess??)

This is the little pharmacy currently sitting
on my kitchen counter.
And, yep! It's all for me!
I've known my entire life that bronchitis and asthma
don't play well together.
Turns out adding pregnancy to the mix just makes it that much worse.

 
On Thursday, I started coming down with a little cold.  Nothing too major.  By Friday night, I was feeling pretty crummy, and by 3:00 Saturday morning, I woke up gasping for air.  I had an old inhaler that I tried.  No go.  Sat in a forever long steamy shower.  That worked for maybe 20 minutes.
So, I tried to relax and breathe, and waited for urgent care to open.
(I've learned my lesson about going to the ER over the weekends. 
Especially during the "over-night" hours.  No thank you.)
 
Turns out I have a horrible case of bronchitis, that hit fast and HARD.
Also turns out that the one medication I really needed, I can't take because I'm 35 weeks pregnant!
Instead, I got a bag full of not-quite-as-strong-or-effective goodies to take home with me.
A bag full of goodies that have their own horrible side effects to deal with on top of everything else.
And, after 2 days now of rotating between inhalers, nebulizer treatments and steamy showers, I am finally starting to feel a little bit of relief. 
I'm hoping that within another 2 days, I can function again.
Bless my sweet husband for taking over this weekend,
even though he feels icky himself (he has the same cold Kehlton does).
 
Last weekend, after all of our fun at the Science Center, I was in bed for a day and a half fighting pretty regular contractions. 
Turns out Little Miss doesn't really want to miss out on any of the fun either!
My doctor told me earlier this week that I needed to slow down and rest.
Yeah Right.
But I guess my body decided to take matters into it's own hands.
I'm really hoping that my "mandatory rest" period ends sooner rather than later, cause this is no fun!
Plus.  I have a super cute changing table I want to paint!! :)
 
**I know that nobody really wants to hear about all my sick germs.  However, I'm really trying to do more journaling on the blog since I've become so horrible about doing my own journal.  Sorry!!
 

No comments: