Monday, September 24, 2012

Almost 37 Weeks

Today we had another doctor's appointment, and after last week's it wasn't anywhere near as exciting.  Here's the rundown: I am officially due on Oct. 18th.  My doctor is going out of town for 2+ weeks on Oct. 11th (evidently going to Hawaii sounds like more fun to her than delivering my baby, but whatever!).  Thanks to some crazy "rules", I cannot be induced more than 1 week ahead of my due date unless there is a medical complication.  Which there is not.  Sooo...the earliest I can officially be induced is Oct. 11 - my doctor's first day of vacay.

At my appointment last week, she told me she didn't think I would last until the 11th; she seemed quite certain that I would go on my own before she leaves town.  GREAT!!!!  I had started dilating and was progressing quite nicely.  However, at today's appointment, I hadn't changed at all from last week (which means all the contractions I had last night did absolutely nothing).  That doesn't really mean anything; I was at this same stage when I went into labor with Brychan.  It was just disappointing to hear.

Anyway, here's the plan (and for any guys reading this, which I'm assuming is zero, go ahead and skip forward.  David doesn't like hearing details, so I'm assuming none of you do either).  If I make it until Oct. 8th, I will have my membranes stripped, which has a 50-60% chance of putting me into labor within 48 hours of having that done.  If that doesn't work (and I'm certainly hoping that it does!), then I am officially scheduled to be induced on Oct. 13th; albeit with a doctor I don't know and have yet to meet. 
 
So...I guess until this little girl decides to come, I will be trying to keep as busy as absolutely possible, and do as much walking as I can to help move things along.  And hopefully she's nice to her momma and listens like all good little girls should.  Because I am physically past the point of being able to walk much at all.  I definitely should have been having babies at 24 instead of 34!!

1 comment:

kate said...

yay!! can't wait to hear how everything goes!!