Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Addictions

Well, other than the one to chocolate and/or anything sugary and sweet...my newest addictions are Facebook and Ebay. Facebook just because I love being able to keep in contact with so many long, lost friends from high school, college and beyond. It's great!! I have reconnected with people I never thought I'd hear from again. And I have to check on a very regular basis to see what's going on. Sadly enough, I've also sucked my husband into this addiction as well. At least I'm not alone.

My addiction to Ebay is one I never thought I'd see, honestly. I've never purchased anything from Ebay (so those of you who know my shopping habits - I forgive you for assuming my addiction is one of spending money!). Instead, I LOVE selling all my junk that I no longer want or need. I get to clean out my closets and make an EASY extra $200.00 (or more) a month. It's like having a garage sale without the hassle AND getting more money for my items. And, I love watching strangers "fight" over my stuff, which is kinda sad, I know. But, at least I'm getting something out of it, right? And the more they fight, the more I make. So fight on, strangers!!

6 comments:

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Facebook is just somehting I do to pass the time at work, honey. You are my ONE addiction.

Angela said...

First, I must say, Dave you are way too mushy!

Okay, so I want to know what you are selling on eBay. I always think of selling things, but just assume that no one will buy it. Tips! I need to downsize.

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Oh...a little bit of much is nice every once in awhile! :)

Let's see. I have sold children's books, baby clothes, scrapbooking paper, flatware, lingerie (that still had tags on it - stuff I'll never fit in again) sealed bottles of Proactiv toner and lotion, old shoes...my best sell was this week - I got over $50 dollars for a pair of used Big Star jeans.

I think on Ebay - ANYthing goes, some better than others!

Angela said...

I have a ton of summer clothes that Ellie never fit into that I need to sell. I just didn't really think about eBay. I should consider that when we move. We are moving, by the way. To the Avenues.

Wendi said...

Wow Alyssa-I have to start selling stuff. I told Darin I want laptop and DSLR camera, so he told me to save money-yeah right...how? So guess I need to give Ebay a go!!

Nilda Noel said...

Cute post. I will say that Dave's comment actually made me smile, in a good way. Way to be mushy! I didn't realize you did the eBay thing. I'd be interested in knowing how you got started...maybe you can send out an email to those of us interested. Is it easy? Where to start? Etc.

Also, your brother got his mission call to Montana! How exciting?! I am curious to see what areas he is in. If he ever makes it to Sun River, Simms, Fairfield, Great Falls, Conrad...I'm sure he'll run into people that know and love my family. Hitchcock's have been there for a long, long time...you know, before there was TV and everything. Great Falls Stake or Great Falls East Stake both...anyway, just thought I'd let you know. I'd be curious to hear how he's doing. Miss you.

By the way...the girls say hello and miss you.