Thursday, March 6, 2008

Brychan David Stander FINALLY arrives!!!

Our little boy decided to join us at 9:46am of March 4. I had originally been scheduled to be induced on March 2 but got bumped because the hospital was too full. They rescheduled me to be induced at 9:30am on March 4, but Brychan decided that he would come on his own, and I went into labor at midnight on the 4th. After calling Dave to come home from work around 2:00am, we went to the hospital and less than 10 hours later, Brychan arrived (he would have been here a good 2 hours earlier had his head not got stuck against my pelvic bone).

I have to say (for all my friends who are also expecting their first babies), labor and delivery were nowhere NEAR as horrible as I had expected. Looking back on it, I actually kind of enjoyed the whole experience. That doesn't mean I'm not in a little pain now, but thanks to some great meds, it's really no big deal, and I really am looking forward to the next baby.

Unfortunately, the blog won't let me post photos right now. I will as soon as I can!! I am absolutely in love with this little boy. I am SO blessed to not only have such a wonderful husband (who is already the most adorable daddy), but now I have an incredible son too. How did I get so lucky?!?

If you're in our area - come visit!!! We'd love to see you!

5 comments:

Ms Sue said...

GOOD NEWS !!! CONGRATULATIONS

Give him a hug for Ms. Sue

Debbie said...

Oh I'm so glad he's here and that you are all doing well. Can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Theresa McKay said...

CONGRATS TO YOU ALYSSA!!! You are going to be an incredible momma and Brychan and Dave are so lucky to have you in their family!!! You are such a nurturing, kind hearted loving mom and truly, you will be the BEST EVER!!! Congrats to you and good luck! Enjoy Brychan...he will grow up SO FAST right before your eyes and next time you look...he will be two!
Congratulations!
Theresa & McKay Family
XOXO

the5firds said...

We are so excited to see the baby! Congrats again!

SPENCERS said...

I am so happy I got to see you and your new sweet boy! I can't believe you're looking forward to the next child already (the pain is still way too fresh in my mind for me to contemplate #4 and it's been 3 months.) I guess Mr. Anesthesia must have done a good job AND you must be a superhero when it comes to pain! HOLY SMOKES, incred-girl! I am excitedly waiting for more photos! When you have time. And energy. And can pull yourself away from sweet Brychan. And I'll need to see pics of your nursery since I couldn't ever make it out there (a one-week vacation is never long enough!)