Monday, February 11, 2008

My New Job

In the last month I was lucky enough to find a job that will allow me to work from home starting immediately. My new job? I am a Local Care Coordinator for Cultural Care Au Pair, which is based out of Cambridge, MA. What does it entail? I will work with families in my immediate area (Davis and Weber counties) who are interested in obtaining an Au Pair OR those families who already house an Au Pair through this company. I am also working with the Au Pairs who are working in this area by providing them support, child care training and education and introducing them to the American AND Utah culture through monthly activities. So basically, I do a lot of paperwork at home keeping track of all the families, au pairs and their necessary paperwork, and then once a month I get to do a fun activity with the girls who are working here. I feel like I'm mixing my love and experience of working with Young Women AND my career and experience in Early Childhood Education while getting the opportunity to stay at home with my baby. I am SO excited about it! Not only is it a great, stay at home job, but it will also provide Dave and I ample opportunities to travel nationally AND internationally, which we are very excited about as well.

Soon, I will have my own website through Cultural Care. If you're intersted in learning more about the company I am working for, you can check out http://www.culturalcare.com. And, if you know of anybody who would be intersted in housing an au pair for a year...send them to the website as well! (For those who are not familiar with au pairs, they are basically nannies that are coming from foreign countries!)

I do still plan on substitute teaching on occasion as well, probably not starting again until the new school year starts. I would miss being in the classroom too much to give that up totally!

1 comment:

the5firds said...

Congratulations on the new job. It sounds great! The kids love seeing those dogs! Hey, and the wall in your family room looks awesome!