Monday, February 18, 2008

Baby Update

38 weeks and counting (not fast enough, by the way!). For the last 2 weeks, I have only dilated to a 1. Hmmm. However, at my appointment last week, I had at least gotten to 60% effacement, which made me feel a little better. The doctor seems to think he'll come at least a week early, which would be sometime next week. Perfect, actually, for our friends and family who are coming into town the first week of March. Friday was technically my last day of work, which is good, because between my swollen feet/ankles and the amount of pressure this little guy is putting on me, it's getting hard to walk! In fact, I tried taking Biggs for a walk today (it is finally 40+ degrees and all sun), but I only made it around the block.

I am lucky enough to have an OB/GYN that does an ultrasound every visit, and puts it on DVD for us to keep. As soon as I can figure out how to save ONE ultrasound, I will put the latest one up for your viewing pleasure. Our little boy is very shy (or stubborn) and refuses to let us look at his face. However, at our last appointment, he let us get a little peek - he only blocked half of his face with his arm. If I can't get it, then hopefully we'll have some real life photos sometime next week!!

Oh!! We finally have name choices down to two...he will either be Brychan David or Braedon Alan. The final decision won't be made until he makes his big entrance. We will let all of you know when that is!

2 comments:

SPENCERS said...

Hey, way to get into the blogging spirit! There were lots of posts that I hadn't seen yet-fun! And I can't wait to see that new baby! If he hasn't come by his due date I'll be spiking your 7-UP with a sweet little concoction I like to call castor oil...heh-heh-heh!

Nilda Noel said...

My sister is being induced next Thursday...if you're lucky you can beat or meet her date. Good luck. It doesn't even seem real. Can't wait to see the pictures.