Wednesday, August 7, 2013

1st Day of Kindergarten

Oh my heart.
I have been crying about this day, literally for years.
(Dumb, I know).

I had to fight my hardest to make it home in time to see Brychan off for his first day of Kindergarten.
(Technically I was supposed to be in the hospital still today)

I'm very grateful for doctors who were sympathetic to my pleas!!

(Kehlton starts school on Monday, but still had to get his backpack ready today)


Bug was really excited about going to school today, although it was a much bigger deal for me than for him.

I got up early to make him chocolate chip waffles for breakfast.
He just wanted Captain Crunch.

I wanted him to wear his nice, new shorts.
He refused and just wanted to wear his old soccer shorts.

However, I put my foot down when it came to photos.
That wasn't an option!!
I had planned on doing some cute little photos with signs showing that it was his first day of school and who his teacher is and what he wanted to be when he grew up, but being in the hospital for 3 days kind of messed up those plans.

But. His teacher is Mr. Fish.
And today is his first day of Kinder.
And I have no clue what he wants to be when he grows up.  I'll ask him when he gets home.

No comments: