Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Projects

For the last few months, I have been super busy with several large projects that are all getting finished up about the same time. Here are the first 2 of my projects that I have finished in the last month or so.

One of the homes that David's business partner has listed had this dresser with a matching nightstand that had been abandoned. I had been looking for a big dresser for the boys to use and was so excited when I found out I could have the set.

This is what it started out looking like. It was nasty, nasty, nasty.


And this is what it looks like now! It's still not perfect, but it's at least clean and usable. And nice enough that I was okay putting it in our bedroom since the boys have no room whatsoever in theirs.
Our main bath has been an eyesore for a long time. And I have been s-l-o-w-l-y been trying to redo it. When there's no extra money for anything, it makes it a little bit harder, but with some help of my sister, we managed to make some improvements.

Here's what we started out with.


And this, pirate themed bathroom is what we now have! We still need to redo the flooring, eventually change the vanity and update the shower, but I like this MUCH better. And the best part? I only spent $150 for the whole thing. Paint, mirror, pictures, decor and Pottery Barn linens. Yay me!!

I still have one more fairly large project that I'm trying to finish up and then I'm going to start on the master bedroom. It is so nice to finally be able to make some cosmetic improvements on the house and make it feel more like our home!

2 comments:

The Other Michelle said...

Cute, Cute, cute!

Natalie said...

What a cute bathroom- I LOVE the colors!