Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update...

It's official. We are definitely packing up and moving back to Phoenix in a few more months. Well, it's moving "back" for me - this will be David's first time living on the face of the sun.

We have mixed emotions about it - there are people we love here who we will miss dearly, but there are lots of positive aspects of it too! First and foremost, we will only have one house to worry about (we hope!). I will not miss ice on my windshield or snowy springs. Dave will have about a tenth of yard work to worry about. I will get to live close to my sister. But most importantly, we really feel like that is where we need to be. We have fasted and prayed about it and really feel like it's the right thing to do. We feel that all the events of the last month have helped push us towards that decision which we otherwise wouldn't have made. Now we're just keeping our fingers crossed that everything falls into place accordingly!

And, a quick update on Brychan too! He has started signing up a storm the last couple of weeks! He's signing "vocabulary" consists of: more, ball and shoes (which all look exactly the same - but in his defense, they are all very similar hand motions). He also does milk, please, bird and dog. He is working on saying "eat" and "candy" which he does well; except for the fact that he does the signs on my face instead of his. Either way, I know what he's trying to say! He becomes more and more delightful everyday and we love, love, LOVE him!!!

4 comments:

Kat said...

How exciting! So you'll be moving back to the house you were living in down here before? In the Centennial ward?

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Yes, we will be back in my old house in Centennial ward. I'm excited!

Amelia said...

We will miss you, but it sounds like that's the best thing for you to do. Best of luck with it! And I love that Brychan is signing so much!! That's great!! Tysha has figured out milk, but just laughs at me when I do the others. I think she recognizes them, but hasn't figured out the dexterity part yet.

Brewer's Ink said...

Come on back! We can't wait to have you back in the ward!