Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kodi


I am sad to say that Kodi, Dave's K9 partner for just over 6 years and our loving dog passed away yesterday afternoon. I have seriously been dreading this day since the day Dave and I got married, as I knew how much my husband adored this dog. Kodi has been an excellent dog and friend to many, including Brychan and all of his little cousins (above is Kodi with Taylor).

Kodi retired from bomb detection just after Brychan was born last year. Kodi LOVED working and had a bit of a hard time adjusting to life as "just" a pet. We honestly didn't expect him to last long after retirement (he is 11 years old), but this was definitely a surprise. Dave has received dozens of phone calls and emails today offering condolences, which I know he greatly appreciates.

Below is a photo of Kodi with Biggs and then a photo of Kodi with Brychan. I am so sad that Brychan will not remember Kodi or realize just how much Kodi loved him! Kodi had recently begun napping in Brychan's room during Brychan's naps, and loved all the attention (kind or otherwise) Brychan bestowed upon him.



We will miss you Kodi!! Thank you for being such a good companion for my husband the last 7 years...he loves you dearly!

3 comments:

the5firds said...

We are so sorry for your loss. We will miss him. Tay's first question when we went to grandma Stander's was "Is Kodi going to be there?" I think he has told everyone we have talked to about Kodi's passing. We will miss him. I am sure this is so hard for your family right now. Kodi was Dave's only roommate for many years. We are sure thinking about you guys.

Jocie said...

We really will miss him. I have such good memories of trips to Twin Falls sharing the back seat of Dave's truck with Kodi. He just wanted to snuggle the whole time but I didn't have the heart to tell him that his breath didn't smell very good.

Wendi said...

Sad to hear...You could tell how much Dave really loved that dog...our pets really become such an important part of our family.