Monday, November 3, 2008

Nightmare on 2nd St.

So last week, I was SO excited because we were going to start refinishing our hardwood floors over the weekend. We were under the impression that it was going to take 2-3 days, so I packed suitcases for Brychan and I and everything else in the house was packed up and moved out.

We thought that the sanding would only take a few hours. Well, after 21 hours of nothing but sanding, the sanding still isn't finished. HOPEFULLY, Dave can get that done today. Then another day for staining, and 3-4 more days for topcoats (which we didn't know took so long until Friday night...information that would have been helpful much earlier), another day for me to wash down all the dust covered walls and THEN we can start moving everything back in. So. All the adorable Halloween photos of Brychan will have to wait for probably another week, as will any other posts. We are still alive - just buried in wood at the moment. My husband is such a trooper doing this pretty much by himself. And thanks so much to Jeremy and Michelle for letting us crash at your house for the week!! And I promise to get all caught up with the blog once our lives get back to normal!

1 comment:

Jocie said...

Oh wow---that sucks! I'm sorry.