Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cloudburst Before The Light

I know it's been a long time since I've updated this blog.  And I have a TON of photos to put up today.  The last couple of months have been extremely difficult around here; and we are just now getting to the point where we can see some light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.  Just a quick recap:

4 deaths in the last 4 weeks.  One we were waiting for and expecting, one shouldn't have really been a surprise but was, and the other two were completely shocking and unexpected.  Those two were definitely tragic and unsettling.

Two trips to the ER within one 30 day period.  One for David and his newfound kiwi allergy.  One for me after waking up honestly thinking I was going to die.  We still don't know what's wrong with me; we're guessing at this point that it has to do something with my gall bladder.  But it was the longest, scariest and most painful night of my life.  I do not wish to repeat it.  EVER.  I am SO grateful to amazing friends that we can call at 1:00 in the morning to come over and stay with the kids.  I seriously have the best girlfriends anyone could ask for!  That night in the ER kicked off our 6th anniversary.  After being sick all day, we scrapped our dinner plans and just went to a movie (which I slept through).  Got home to news of one of the aforementioned deaths.  Needless to say, it was not the anniversary I was hoping for.

Finding out, for certain, that Kehlton has a pretty significant speech delay/disability.  I've known for awhile that that was the case, but watching him be tested a couple of times and actually hearing the results was still hard.  I have a meeting to create his IEP tomorrow, and he will start in a special needs preschool in August (he will actually be in the same preschool class that Brychan has been a peer model in for the last 2 years).

Work, work and more work.  Or maybe it would be more appropriate to say "total lack of work".  Let me tell ya: Real Estate is NOT for the faint of heart! :)

I know there's more, but those are the big things.  I don't know how many times I called or texted my mother in tears; just tired of nothing but bad news. BUT.  Our cloud storm finally seems to be moving on and we can finally see some sun poking through!  David started his new job with Edward Jones on June 3, Brychan is officially in a kindergarten program, everybody is healthy and happy and we got to spend a week having fun in cooler weather with lots of family.

And, here is just the start of all of our fun photos from our recent trip to Utah!


 All the cousins had a blast playing all week, even though this photo might lead you to believe something different.  :)  Ellie, Zach and Kehlton really enjoyed playing dress up!
 My boys with Ellie, Jacob and Zach.
 Kehlton and Colin in one of their hide-outs.  My boys LOVED playing in the trees and rocks while we were there (obviously that's not something we get to do very often around here).
 They were also infatuated with all the rain.  Which is good, cause we definitely saw a lot of it!!  It was SO cold for the first few days.  For us, it was dead of winter weather.  It was kind of nice, though!

No comments: