Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kehlton's Birthday

Our little guy is 2. His birthday was pretty low key; mostly because of my stellar mothering skills. Things had just been so incredibly busy for the entire month prior to his birthday that I never really had time to plan his birthday. And while I feel horrible about that, I do think he still managed to have a pretty good birthday!

The day before his birthday, Lala and I took the boys to the library, which is one of their favorite things to do. They played for a couple hours and got to bring home all the books and movies they wanted.

Kehlton's actual birthday was just spent at home, waiting for Daddy to get home from work. On my way home from work, I stopped to get him some balloons. They were obviously a big hit, as he fell asleep for his nap still tightly clutching one of his balloons. (Don't worry - I took it away as soon as he had fallen asleep!)

Kehlton loves Winnie the Pooh. This cake is as close as I could get to Winnie the Pooh. I looked everywhere for more Pooh birthday accessories, but they were all for 1st birthdays only. This little beehive cake isn't quite finished in this photo, but I'm glad I took it when I did 'cause the boys ripped into it seconds after I had taken the photo.

After Daddy got home, we had chicken nuggets and apples for dinner (one of K's favorites! For breakfast we had waffles and strawberries...) and then opened presents. Opening presents was really hard for Brychan, but he was a pretty good sport about it, and tried really hard to be patient.

Just a random photo of K...this was after a morning full of crying and rubbing his eyes, but he insisted that he was NOT tired. I set him on the couch, went back to change the laundry, came back and found this. Nope! Not tired at all.

Such a sweet boy! We sure love him - even with all his mischievous ways!!

No comments: