Saturday, July 2, 2011

Keeping me BUSY!!


Okay. So about a year ago, my sister in law was kind enough to let me steal her idea of selling the adorable car seat covers that she made. She made me a beautiful one when Kehlton was born, and I got SO many compliments on it. Everywhere I went! So, I changed the cover just a tad and started sewing. My sister joined in the fun, helping make burp cloths too. We opened an Etsy shop and had a few sales. I got a few more sales just from word of mouth, and then just sort of let the Etsy shop die. Last Christmas, I made tutus for my nieces. I LOVED them (I have to admit I fall pretty hard for anything small and girly). Again, my sister and I thought "ETSY!!!".

Long story short, we had a strange influx of sales the past 2 months. So, I've been working really hard on getting the shop up and going. Really up and going. I'm trying to finish one item a day to add to the shop, we're now on Facebook, and now: we're being blogged about!

So...head on over to Family Ever After, where my friend Rachel is hosting our first giveaway:

A free tutu!! (Made exactly how you like)

Here's to hoping this all really works!

*And for those of you who are tired of being bombarded with Kadydid Designs, I really am sorry. Once we're up and running, I hope to be less annoying!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I've tried to find your Etsy shop a couple of times, but you cannot do a search for Katydid Designs. It is really strange. If I click your links, it works, but don't show up in the shops or on a search.

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Yeah, Etsy is sometimes pretty picky. Most of the time, you have to choose "Shops" from the drop down menu next to the search box when looking for specific shops. And, you have to make sure it's spelled with a D instead of a T (Kadydid). Most of the time it works, but not always. I sometimes have a hard time finding Jocie's shop too. Who knows!!